January 28, 2009

A Long Vacation

Blues, blues, blues.

Its now been what, 31 days since I've written? I'm so sorry for not doing so. I just get in these funks and I just don't feel like writing. But I'm pretty sure if there wasn't folks I directly emailed this blog to, nobody would read it anyway. 

Not that I need to prove anything. 

Anyway, so far, 2009 has been nothing about control and preparation, as I wished it had been. Oh well. New Years resolutions are for suckers anyway :)~ . 

As most of you know, I played my very first show on the 17th of the month at Clancy's Pub and Pizza, where I also smash the strings on Tuesday nights. The show went off pretty well, some hitches, but nothing terrible. The owner was pleased (although he was out of town, so much for impressing the guy.) I played some of my originals (some I'll never play in public again) and some covers (that I forgot some lyrics from, oh well) and I just noticed I use parentheses way too much.

Work.

Work sucks. Hotel sucks. Its just a job. Its all screwed up now.

Love.

Amanda and I are doing great! We have had the opportunity to spend a lot more time together and I think its been good for us. We're both talking a lot about "redecorating" our apartment at the least cost possible. (Anyone have any cool places to get nifty furniture?) Since we're not going to be moving any time soon (see "Work."), we are going to try to make where we live cool. 

Music.

Anyone locally know of anyone with a studio? I'd like to self-produce/record, but if I could pull off a small five song demo-style CD for a small price, I'd rather do that. 


I'll try to have a little better format next time. Not sure if this one worked out. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree on making our apartment more like a home. I guess I was hoping we wouldn't be there for long...I Have some really good ideas for your homemade studio!
You really need to get back into writing. (even if it means Mtn. Dew cans all over the house) see, i can use ( ) too!
maybe not working so hard at working so hard, you know what I mean? Let it happen. What you have is a talent, find ways to make it come alive!

Love you :o)