May 25, 2008

Creditors, Crap, and Cycling

Good Start To The Day: I lost a letter a few weeks ago that contained a bill from my health care provider, and I guess somewhere in between, it went to collections. I have a weird habit of not answering my cell phone unless I know the phone number, so I've been ignoring a weird phone number for about two weeks now. So my dad calls me this morning right after I missed yet another call from this number. Tells me that he fell over the couch last night at TEN pm trying to field a phone call, and that he also had another phone call at like 7:30 this morning. I lived with my dad for about three months nine years ago and they still pull his number off my old credit report. Pretty crazy. But I called up the company that I had forgotten about and paid the bill this morning.

Nice Day For Riding: Amanda had a chiropractor appointment this morning, so Townsend and I had some time alone. We went for a bike ride down at Irving Park on 23rd and Raspberry. Nice little park there, I must say. Plenty of shade, decent concrete, and I don't notice huge piles of dog poop there. (Never mind the video surveillance notices) A group of thirteen year olds were walking by talking and every loud word out of their mouth was a curse word. I know I never talked like that when I was thirteen, but I am an exception to most rules, I guess. (In some circles, "exceptions" of my type are also known as "nerds")

Toilets + Tony = Not A Good Time: Tonight I am working at the hotel, and sure enough, got a message from a guest that their toilet wasn't working. I head up there, found myself a "new" plunger (piece of crap) and went to work. Luckily there were no presents, but the plunger didn't work for...well, nothing. I spent ten minutes in the room trying to get it to come loose, to no avail. The guest in the room decided that it was best to stand there and watch me work on the toilet, which frustrated me more (I think I got that bug from Bill, honestly. He always hated when he was working and Adam and I were either playing or standing near him. I hate it when people do it to me now. I need to lose that.). As I'm ramming the plunger down, I of course happen to get little drips of water on my shoes, my pant legs, my TIE, and finally, my eye. That effectively ended my efforts. I told them I'd get someone in to fix it. "Thats not going to work," she said. They're in a two bedroom suite, of course, with at least one working toilet (whats a bet noone ever uses their second bathroom at home, but I digress). I told her I'd have it fixed in the morning.

As I'm walking down to the elevator, absolutely disgusted, I get another phone call telling me there is yet another room, ironically down the hallway from that one, that has trouble with their toilet flushing, too. Luckily, there wasn't major problems with this one, but I still am really starting to hate having to plunge toilets.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY: "I broke a mirror the other day. I'm supposed to get seven years of bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five." Steven Wright

The Next Three Songs On My Mp3 Player: "Walkin' All Night" by Little Feat, "Hey You" by Pink Floyd, and "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

PS -- My condolences to Kyle Wisniewski, whose grandmother died yesterday.

FEEDBACK:

"Auntie Ella" said: just wanted to congratulate you on getting some work done around the house. It does give you a good feeling to accomplish something, especially when you can look back at it and think how nice it looks. (If it would only stay that way)... But keep it up, before you know it the project will have to be done again. HAVE A GOOD MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!

Nick Tompkins said: "Go Elvis" ... I'm pretty sure you meant Costello, but I'll clear it up for my friends that haven't heard of him. This is
Elvis Costello. Not this Elvis.

No comments: