May 26, 2008

Earlybirds, Sunbirds, and Flipped Birds

Early To Rise: Amanda and I decided to wake up early today, go bike riding, clean the house, do the laundry, wash the car...Yeah, didn't happen. We did, though, get up early.

*dramatic pause*

We ended up going to the mall to check out blinds to match our new "bedroom" that still has yet to arrive from Furniture Row. I think its been six weeks now we've been waiting on that awesome bed we're getting. At JCPenney, we found a couple more pairs of Tony's New Style jeans that I really like and they were on clearance too!! We also stopped by AC Moore to check out some stuff to make the bedroom window "stained glass". Anyone ever do that or know someone that has? I'd really like to do something cool with it that is removable if possible.

Incense and Sunburns: Amanda had been making comments on how white her skin is lately. We went for a bike ride the other day and she got sunburnt on her forearms (of course I didn't get burned at all). She looked pretty pink already, and decided to go tanning this afternoon. Silly girl. But its better to tan now, I remember last year, she gets burned REALLY easily.

Incensed And Burned: I'm back with the guys while they're doing the laundry and I overhear someone saying about how in August we'll be a different company. I come to find out that our management group has been bought out by another management group, so we'll actually be a new company come late summer. I have to re-apply for my job (that the company is legally bound to rehire me) and apparently we get better insurance benefits! I was pretty peeved at first to find out, but once I got all the details, I found out that everything is better! So I'm looking forward to that now. Interesting what happens when you actually find out whats going on...

THOUGHT OF THE DAY: "Good judgement comes from exprience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

The Next Three Songs On My Mp3 Player: "Us And Them" by Pink Floyd, "Should Not Be Ashamed" by Wilco and "Cry Baby Cry" by The Beatles.

No comments: