July 10, 2008

Volume 2, Issue 10

"There is a paradox in pride: it makes some men ridiculous, but prevents others from becoming so." Charles Caleb Colton


Getting Ridiculous: Decided yesterday I'd do some laundry, since its been about a week or so since I took care of it. Balled some up around noon, headed downstairs, threw it in the washer. Went down to check it out and to put some more in about a half hour later...and I realized I didn't put soap in the load. So I ran it again, with soap this time. Once its finished, I took it and put it in the dryer and went for a bike ride.


Came back, went downstairs, and the dryer is in the same spot it was before. Clothes still wet. I realized that now that the air conditioning works, its got the same problem we'd been having all the time we've been here: the furnace is on the same breaker as the dryer. So when you have the furnace/ac on, it trips the breaker...and you have to shut off the offending heating and or cooling system JUST to dry your clothes.


I flipped the breaker, turned on the dryer, headed up the stairs back to the apartment, flipped off the AC. Went back down forty minutes later, and still wet. I forgot to flip off the AC first. Christ! So I run back downstairs, flip the breaker again, turn on the dryer.


Went downstairs a third time now to check this laundry, and for some reason, it STILL isn't working. It works for the ten seconds or so that I'm downstairs, so what the hell gives?


DOES ANYONE KNOW AN ELECTRICIAN!?!?!

Karaoke, Pt. 2: Went out again last night to the karaoke bar with Amanda and her friend Lori; enjoyed it as usual. We played darts for a couple games (I really want a dartboard now!) and I won one of them, yay! Didn't expect me to be that good. After a while Amanda wanted to sing a song again, but I always like singing with her. She picked "Proud Mary" by Ike and Tina Turner (you know, the fast version) and I hadn't really heard much of that song before but I figured I'd give it a shot.


We got up on stage and started the song really slow together, and in the middle of the first verse I realized that there's no guy part it in other than the really low voice that goes "roooollllin' on a riiiiiverrrr" and I don't have a low voice so I was sort of screwed. But we made it through, we both forgot lyrics and things so we danced around like idiots, it was a good time.


Photo Of The Day

"Its easier for him to pee if we aren't looking at him."

No comments: