September 13, 2008

Driving In The Rain

Crazy Drivers: Went to Mudville to pick up Townsend for the night like normal on Friday. It'd been raining most of the day, and we headed down there around 3:30-4:00 pm. We pick him up, everything's like normal. On the way back, a purple S-10 started tailgating me.

Now if anyone's ever driven with me, they know that I can't stand tailgaters. Can't stand it. I thought I alleviated the problem years ago by thinking that maybe they need to get home and get to the bathroom, or maybe their wife is in labor but eventually, like sicknesses to vaccines, I grew too accustomed to these excuses.

So I'm going around 45-50 mph through the twisty windy roads of northern Crawford County and this guy is right on my bumper. I got to a passing zone, and sped up to the speed limit. He must have realized his mistake because he fell back quite a bit. But soon enough, he was right there parked on my cars behind once again. Finally, after speeding up to 70 mph and Amanda chastized me for speeding in the rain with her son in the car, I slowed down. The guy was right on my tail for another mile or so then finally I got tired of it and pulled the car over.

Townsend says, "Why did you pull over and let all those cars pass you?" I told him that the guy must have had to get to the bathroom. But I understood the tone in the boy's voice.

Later on, we're heading back on 99 through Edinboro, and we got stopped in traffic. Sure enough, a car had crossed the center line and smashed head on into another car, causing a pretty nasty looking accident.

Just makes you wonder, thats all.

Oh, and neither of the cars were S-10's.

Work Update: Just in case any of you are curious, I had my interview at work and it went pretty well. At this point I'm just playing the waiting game just like everyone else. He has a really tough decision to make, and I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Apparently every single front desk associate applied for the position (something I didn't forsee) as well as an old employee who was here in the past. Who knows. All I know is I interviewed very well (I always do) and I'm fine with it now if I don't get it. Its gonna suck, but it won't suck as much as it did at Sears last year.

Course, unless they pick a person who was the produce manager at Giant Eagle over any one of us. Then I might be upset. :)

My Team Are Losers: So since I blogged last, the Pirates officially lost game #82, ensuring themselves of tying the record for most consecutive losing seasons in professional sports history, matching the 1933-1948 Philadelphia Phillies. And what do I have to say for it?

I'm not looking forward much to next year.

Yeah, there's some bright spots. The management is finally coming through on positive notes. Some of the players we received in trades are working out better than expected.

But in reality, the Pirates team we fielded this year, 90% of them couldn't even be starters on most major league teams. The pitchers all stink this year. Paul Maholm, the "ace" of the staff, still is a 50-50 chance on winning games...this is our ace? No - "ace" is Cliff Lee of the Indians (22 wins) Brandon Webb of the Diamondbacks (20 wins). Hell even Francisco Rodriguez of the Angels (57 saves) would be a better starting pitcher than anyone we've got.

The position guys --- the LaRoche brothers (strikeout machines), Freddy Sanchez (NL batting champ in '06 but hasn't hit for shit the last two years), Jack Wilson (spent too much time on the DL), Ryan Doumit (makes Jason Kendall look consistent).

I'm just tired of these guys getting playing time. Don't we have ANYONE who can be a solid performer??!?! Its so damn frustrating!!

No comments: