September 03, 2008

41st Post! Lets Celebrate!!

Lazy Bones: So in the last week and a half I've officially only written one blog. Outside of todays, anyway. Basically I've been taking some mental time off, or at least thats my excuse this time. I've spent alot of time lounging around the house doing basically nothing unless I either (a) am asked to or (b) can't stand to look at it anymore.

Today was a pretty good example of my laziness...Amanda got up around 8 to get ready for work and I woke up pretty alert. Instead of getting up and having a nice breakfast, however, I laid back down and fell asleep again. She came in after her shower to get dressed...I woke up, and fell asleep again. She left for work around 9 am, I fell asleep AGAIN for another half hour to an hour.

I got up, finally, and spent about an hour online, searching through stories about The Next (alleged) Hero Of The World, Sarah Palin. Mrs. Governor, who's only been in major political office (if you count Alaska as major) for twenty months. Yeah, this woman could be president in a few years. Yeah. She's a super conservative but (allegedly) has more in common with women than Hillary does...or at least thats what the Repub's what you to believe. I'm sorry, anyone who wants to inflict governmental control on women's bodies, I have a problem with, red or blue.

ANYWAY, I went back onto the couch and tried to call my dental insurance about "selecting a primary care dentist" because I apparently can't get my teeth cleaned without having a certain somebody...and I was told after waiting on hold for ten minutes that I had to go online to do it.

And what'd I do after that? I fell asleep on the couch for an hour and a half!!!!

But I woke up feeling pretty refreshed and stable, unlike I've felt the last few days. Been sort of up and down with the stress of the (possible) job opportunity and money pinches and lack of a good nights sleep lately.

Hello, I'm Mr. Hotel: I had a pretty awesome guest experience over the weekend, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep it away from you folks for too long. So here goes:

Saturday, I worked 11 am to 7 pm. At 3 pm, another desk guy, Craig, came in to work 3 pm to 11 pm. Around 3:30, these guests came in that had a problem - they had pre-arranged for a room for the NEXT weekend. Unfortunately when you pre-arrange, you have to pre-pay and you can't change the reservation at all, otherwise you lose your money. Nothing we can do about it because its done over the internet and through a third party company. When I informed her of this, she got all red in the face and mad. Craig tried to figure out if he could help her and I printed out the exact text from the online site, because she was starting to attack us personally.

After a little while, she found out from our company's corporate line that her money could not be refunded. Craig and I decided to give them a cheaper rate for the room because their "vacation had been ruined". When we informed the husband of the rate change, he waxed philosophical to Craig that it "isn't anything personal, I know its not you guys fault" and all that, although upset with our company and used quite a few curse words in front of his (now crying) children.

So the wife came up to the desk and said they'd stay and she thanked us through tears for giving her the $99 rate. I printed out the registration card for her and said, "Here, just so you can see, I did change that rate to $99." She immediately got redfaced and said "I don't appreciate your sarcasm. I know that you've changed the rate, you don't have to SHOW me that you did so." Her husband used a few curse words in my direction, saying "You're not Mr. (company) so you shouldn't talk to us like we're ****ing animals. Talk to us like we're people, sir; we're people!"

Pissed me off so badly I was angry for the rest of my shift. I couldn't shake it, I just wanted to scream. I've been swore at before (plenty of times at the Sears service window) but never in a situation where there were small children around. If anything I was more upset that they had acted like such asses in front of their kids. I couldn't help it.

I found out today that the woman has filed a direct complaint saying that our hotel rooms "have roaches" (never ever been a complaint about that) and that she was "thoroughly unsatisfied with the hotel's performance" and should have their (albeit) TWO NIGHT STAY for free.

If it was so bad that first night, why did you stay?

Lisa, what would you have done? Apparently they're getting what they want now after all, and will be given a free upcoming stay as well. Sometimes I guess you just can't win.

No comments: