August 28, 2008

Everything Has Its Plan

Day Five - Small Progress: So this big bad CD that I wanted to start five days ago...yeah, have only recorded the rhythm tracks to the first song. And I did that last night. And I don't even think I'm happy with it.

But its cool...I've had lots to keep me busy. My old manager, Lisa, needed help moving stuff out of her apartment, so Amanda and I spent some time helping her out. We have alot of books, in case anyone is a big reader they can have them! Plus we got a new radio and a TV and some other things.

Went out to karaoke last night (was supposed to go with Shawn and Lisa, but they backed out due to lack of energy) and had a pretty good time. Learning more and more about singing in front of an audience.

Cats Out Of The Bag: So its been an interesting week here at work. First off, the guy who trained me in breakfast, Scott, has decided to leave and go work for the brand new Hilton Garden Inn up on upper Peach Street. Alex, one of our long term housekeepers, has also decided to leave. Two very important pieces to the puzzle here at our hotel.

And then, today, we found out that Shawn got the promotion and is now officially the general manager of the hotel. So congrats to him!! But the train rolls on...and his position is now officially open.

I'd been keeping my mouth shut pretty much here about the promotion, and I haven't actually written much on my blog because I found out someone here had found my blog and visits it regularly. I'm pretty sure it was Scott...but anyway, I hadn't said much because I didn't want there to be some sort of strange animosity among all of us front desk people.

So I asked Shawn today if he'd said anything to anyone else about me being interested and he said he did tell a few people. So the secrets out. Eh well. Guess I'll just learn from Sears that its best not to go blabbing on about it to everyone about how I deserve this and all that crap. I know damn well it ain't about who deserves it.

Basically I think I'd be a total sponge for the operational part of this hotel. I am interested in how everything works; how we set prices, how we deal with corporate accounts, all of that stuff. PLUS I really miss being a coach. One of the things I really miss about the old receiving job was taking someone aside and teaching them how to do things. (Oh, and working with Mike Sebald. That was the best!!!) So I'd really love to have that opportunity to help people along, you know, the human part of such a position.

We'll see what happens....but two weeks from now I could be looking down the barrel of another wait for a position to open up, or...I could be holding the rifle. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://louisvuittontaschen.doomsdaydvd.com#louis vuitton bags real louis vuitton purses for cheap http://hermesmessengerbag.doomsdaydvd.com#Hermes Bags