August 03, 2008

Can't You Hear My Motor Hum?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are
tiny matters compared to what lies with in us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Another Saturday Night: After receiving about 50 phone calls throughout the night from folks looking for a hotel room, I finally left work at 11 pm. (Believe it or not, I found out that the Tally-hotel on Rt97, the 'dump' hotel of Erie, was charging $100 a night, a $60+ dollar upsell. Disgusting!! Genius!! Haha!) Amanda picked me up after being in Cambridge and Meadville with Townsend for the afternoon/evening. And once again, there we trudge out to the night club. But we both agreed that we are freaking broke so we'd only have a soda at the bar.
Basically, we only went for the fact our friend Lori was the deejay. So we walk in the bar and there's utterly noone there except for the normal little group we've attached ourselves to. Lori looked totally bummed out up on stage...apparently she'd had an extremely long day at work and there wasn't much going on. Amanda and I ended up leaving around 1 am.

Short night of sleep for Amanda though; she had to be at work at 7 am! Can't believe she's still standing at work. Have yet to hear from her today.
Hell Yeah, Remember Aurora: So I've been sitting here on and off online all morning (well, since 10:30 am when I woke up). I did pick up the house a little bit, getting most of Townsends stuff put away. Its a typical Sunday thing -- the house is a mess after the little one is here. Train set, foam swords, bouncy rubber balls, bouncy plastic balls, bouncy baseballs...you get the point. At least there aren't any rollerskates on the steps. :o) Turned on the Foo Fighters (I still love the "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" album) and started picking up...which I'm still in the process of...so I'll get back to that now.
I'll be at the hotel from 3-11 pm for the next few days. Here's hoping I have a fun evening! All the normal Monday-Friday folks come back tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing them. Its strange when they're not around, honestly.
God, its weird feeling like that place is a second home. Sears never really felt like that.

Oh, and the Pirates play in Chicago tonight for the series finale against the Cubbies. Lets hope Ian Snell can actually pitch more than just a few innings tonight!!! Go Bucs!!

No comments: