August 04, 2008

With Arms Wide Open-ahh!

"I just need to learn to stop giving a crap." ~ Tony Kellogg

On That Note: Came home from work tonight and once again went to the club, but this time it was Karaoke Sunday. Amanda and I apparently were the only ones singing cuz they were happy we showed up. Noone was singing. I immediately tore into "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters, did that pretty well. Then Amanda sang "Killing Me Softly" by The Fugees. Showed me up. So I went and did "The Hindu Times" by Oasis. Mediocre. She then did "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin, and showed me up again. So I decided to jump off the train and sing a song with our friend Bob..."Thats Life" by Sinatra. It was more fun than actually singing, and we did alright.
There's a guy that goes and was absent that sings "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. So I did an awesome Scott Stapp impression and sang it, with the whole air guitar solo and everything. Pretty cool stuff. Lori tried singing "Bubbly" by Colbie Callait and she gave up mid-song. What a shame. Had a promising beginning.
Amanda and I ended up singing "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" and that was fun. We both did a couple more tunes (my rendition of "Nights In White Satin" appeared to bring Bob to tears) but it was a fun time.
Sometimes I worry about the money, the lack of sleep, the dancing...I just need to seriously learn to just not give a flying damn about whatever happens. I'm 27 years old, I never did any of this when I was 21, 22...so why not catch up. Who cares? As long as the bills are getting paid and that I'm not late for work or anything like that, why care? I'm having fun.
When I get a job that requires me to be more responsible, then I'll care. But for now, I'm just a front desk clerk! Gotta have fun.

No comments: