August 13, 2008

Stop This Train

No Title Needed: Guest came up to me at the desk last night. Unbelievable. Here goes...

Guest: Do you have internet access back there? I need to look something up and the (expletive) guest computer keeps kicking me off.
Tony: Uh, yeah, I do. What can I do ya for?
Guest: I need you to look up something...where the closest "Build A Bear Workshop" is.
Tony: You don't have to go far - its in the Millcreek Mall right behind us.
Guest: *laughs out loud* You mean, the mall? The one with five stores in it? We came up all this way for a 'plaza'? A 'mall' where I come from has an enclosed walking area and a whole bunch of stores.
Tony: Uh, yeah, the Millcreek Mall. Right over that way (points toward mall)
Guest: What, do you mean there's more than just an Old Navy there?
Tony: Um....*reaches down, grabs a map of the mall* yes, theres...uh, quite a bit of stores!
Guest: *checks out map* Oh, my Lord. I feel so stupid right now.
Tony: *thinks "yeah, you should! but thinks better and says* Oh, its okay, no big deal, people make mistakes all the time. The mall is open tomorrow morning at...

Am I Missing Something?: So as many of you read, last week, Amanda's nephew and grandmother died. One of my coworkers brothers was almost killed. Bernie Mac died. Issac Hayes died.

Mom calls me this afternoon that one of my her close friends died this morning in Pittsburgh. He had an artificial heart and there was a malfunction in the machine and he passed away. Mom says that seeing his family makes her want to spend more time with me and my family. Agreed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how can you miss the biggest mall in 100 miles?! People come from Canada to shop at our mall. She had to DRIVE DOWN THE MALL PAVILLION ROAD TO GET TO YOUR HOTEL! Idiot.
There's nothing quite like that feeling when you watch someone realize they are a complete dumbass. ha ha
I am so sorry for your loss, Paula. I wish I had the chance to meet him, I am sure he was a good man. I'll make sure Tony gets out there more often, and Townsend and I may tag along, too.