August 10, 2008

Its Just A Game, Tony

Here's some pictures of the excursion to the Midwest last week:

Photobucket
Amanda took me down to the riverfront on Monday night and we sat around for a little bit. This is a photo of the American Queen riverboat heading upstream on the Mississippi.

Photobucket
A photo of downtown Keokuk, Iowa; I was outside a flower shop looking east toward the river. Small town; city center reminded me of Ridgway.

Photobucket
A few of Amanda's relatives; aunt Sherry, her two kids, and grandmother Nadine. Amanda's middle name comes from her.

Photobucket
This is a photo of Amanda's immediate family; (L to R) brother Robert (who stayed with us a few months ago), me, Amanda, nephew Zach, brother Jeff (Vincent's dad), his girlfriend Jennifer, and Amanda's mom, Theresa. (dont' ask me why i was turned like that, I was told to "scrunch" in so Robert could fit; he looks like he had plenty of room!)

If you're not able to see these, head to the main blog site to check out the photos if you'd like.

The Return: I worked 3 to 11 pm last night at the hotel, and boy, did it return the love. Made me really miss it. And I say that sarcastically...I got my butt kicked! They were really stretched this week though. One of my coworkers had some bad luck too; his brother was working at a gas station this week that was robbed and he was shot twice in the robbery. Last time I talked with my coworker, his brother was upgraded from critical to serious condition. Positives, I guess.

Guitar Hero: After work, I was invited to join Amanda at our friend Lori's house. For some reason or another, I threw a childish fit when I found out they were playing the video game "Guitar Hero". I can't explain it, but ever since I saw that game on the shelves, I've been pissed about it. Making the act of playing guitar seem like a game, I guess, when I'd taken the instrument so seriously over the last ten or so years.

After some ruckus, we got back to trying to have a good time. And believe it or not, I actually decided to play the game (okay, I was convinced into it) and it wasn't really that terrible at all. Kind of fun. I can't imagine really being into it too much though. Requires the same finger motions as playing a solo does but without the fret or string recognition...basically a "practice til you get it right" sort of thing. I'd play it again, given the chance.

No comments: