August 17, 2008

Wif me mum

Screwed Up Big: Recently I've come to notice (with thanks in part to some well crafted emails) that I've not spent enough time with my immediate family, including but not limited to: Mom, Adam, and Kori.

Mom is going through a hard time with the death of her friend Fred, and I've realized that I had no idea who the guy was! She's been spending alot of time with him and I had no idea he even existed outside of a couple comments she'd made. I feel really bad about this...I should be spending more time out there in Waterford. I've made some strides, and I'm going to go with Mom to her friend's funeral tomorrow morning.

Adam is working in Cambridge Springs at a job that apparently isn't going to be there soon; the company is talking about packing up shop and unfortunately leaving without him. Not fun. Kori (who I saw at CelebrateErie watching Jakes Blues with her dad) gets bigger every damn time I see her. Its not cool!!!! :(

So last Wednesday, Aunt Ella sent me an email letting me know that she was having a birthday party up in Erie on Saturday for one of her grandkids and she invited Amanda, Townsend, and I to the party at Chuck-E-Cheese's, so they could finally all meet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddd.......... I forgot... you ever forget sometimes i do and i did forget and to forget is not good so forgetting is not the best idea but i still did forget!!!!

Felt pretty stupid yesterday!!

So I'm going to try to head out to Waterford more often. I'm thinking possibly getting ready for work super early and hopefully Mom's home by 1 o'clock pm so I can at least get a couple hours in. The gas is such a crunch on budget that it's tough to go out alot. I budget for enough gas to get me to work every day and possibly that trip to Meadville and back.

But I'm going to make a serious try. If Amanda's Mom is taking us out to lunch and calling me her "future son-in-law" to her friends, I think I can spend a little more time "wif me mam an' duh rist of em"!

Random Hotel Notes: Had my first call from OnStar tonight ("Hello this is Katherine from OnStar, I have a member looking for a two bedroom suite") and it felt like I was in a TV commercial for a second...a guest wanted me to guarantee her that a pet has never stayed in the room she is in for the night. I told her that I couldn't possibly come close to even SAYING that a pet hasn't been in a certain room, for we've accepted pets for years here at our hotel...Speaking of Amanda's Mom, we all had lunch today at Buffalo Wild Wings; had a pretty good bacon cheeeseburger, fries were average though.

Wow, not much to talk about tonight. Must have been that awesome show I played last night. *smirk*

No comments: