August 06, 2008

One Day At A Time

Strange dreams over night. Woke up around 4:15 am in a panic that someone was in the room. Very strange. Couldn't calm down for nothing...very strange. But we woke up for good around 7:30. Amanda discovered some small bites on her legs but I didn't have any.

The rest of the family headed over to the funeral home around 11 am and Amanda and I decided to go to lunch. Finally got to experience a Sonic restaurant/drive in. Was pretty good, but nothing like I expected, honestly. Amanda tried to order my hamburger special and it didn't work out that way...got it remade though. Pretty tasty.

Went over to her Grandma Nadine's again, just the two of us. We knock on the door, no answer. Nothing going on, and just as we're about to turn away, Amanda says, "Oh, there she is....and she's in her underwear!" She unlocked the door and we went in after her grandma slid upstairs to dress. We had some more really entertaining conversation, explained how we met, all that. She calls me "Anthony" which is nice. Then Amanda's aunt Sherry came over and I met her as well...felt really good to continue meeting family. They're all so nice.

Next was a trip around town to a weird women's clothing store called "Cato". Kind of like Fashion Bug back home. Theresa bought some clothes, and I went next door to the GameStop to check out their video games. Second I walk in the door, I was accosted:

Clerk:Hey, guy! How can I help you?! Got any questions?!?
Me: Uh, no, I think I'm alright.
Clerk: Well man, if you need ANYTHING--
Me: Oh My God!! The pressure!!!!!!

He quickly walked away.

So tonight was the viewing for Vincent, and it was a very tough three hours. But there was ton of people there; I can only hope there are that many people at my funeral. The entire high school. Reminded me of when I went to Chris's high school graduation. I didn't know much about their popularity but it sure showed in both cases. Vincent was a very loved young man, and it is a real shame that this happened. Tomorrow is the funeral and then they're having a big dinner at the church.

I really wish I had pictures to post up. I'll definitely get the pictures posted up here when I get back to Erie. This town is very charming, the people are hit and miss, but I could see how someone could really get by living here. Makes me realize that you really don't need everything we have back home to get by. People are just as nice and just as friendly as they are in Erie. Just as many empty businesses downtown, just as many corporate smiling corner stores too.

It all makes you realize things, I guess.

No comments: