August 24, 2008

Day One: The Goal

Well, its time for another music-themed post, ladies and gentleman. I've had lots of interesting (and funny) responses to my "Daydreaming" post. Makes me wonder, you know?

So today, August 24, 2008 is Day One of the next music project. And you ask, how's this different from the others?

Easy: Its all but done.

I've spent countless hours lately playing guitar, screwing around with chord progressions, writing down little ditties, that sort of thing. Plus I'm noticing the power I have vocally within the recent few weeks with all the karaoke I've been doing with Amanda at the club.

Tomorrow I will start laying down serious tracks for a new CD, tentatively titled Learning To Fly, which will be under my name as well as Amanda's. We'd talked in the past about doing some songs together, but I've decided to take the idea a little more seriously and run with it as a 'band' thing (since we're both awesome!)

In the upcoming weeks, I'll be finishing these songs. The tracklisting, as of right now, is:

1. Evangeline (cover of The Band)
2. Coming Home (another version of one of my old ones)
3. Jackson (cover of Johnny and June Cash)
4. I'm Nobody Without Myself (a better version of my old one)
5. Put Your Hands On Me (a pretty cool blues-rock thing)
6. Learning To Fly (Tom Petty cover)
7. Building A Spider Web (already out there)
8. Gravity (John Mayer cover)
9. As Long As Time Allows (already out there too)
10. Feeling Like The First Time (Tony original)
11. Hitchin' Blues (my first slide blues original, if you can call it that)
12. Mercedes Benz (Amanda, a cappella)
I'm currently looking for a website to sell these tracks online when completed, as well as an exciting new website (on MySpace) for our music.
Stay tuned...posts/blogs will be written daily on how the progression is going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do it!!! all ya gotta do is push yourself. you are so talented, I can't wait for the "new" stuff. People will be amazed.